DASA is expected to release the DASA DevOps Leader certification in March 2021.
DevOps Leaders are accountable for creating high-performance digital organizations. Being responsible for leading the DevOps transformation, and creating the framework for teams to scale and achieve maximum business value, they should know how to establish successful leadership teams, management structures, and governance models.
The DASA DevOps Leader course focuses on how to lead, drive, or support a successful DevOps transformation in practice. With lots of best practices, patterns, and antipatterns from organizational culture, change management, leadership, people, process, and technology points of view, learners will be able to understand the importance of (informal and formal) leadership to create high-performance digital organizations. More importantly, they will be able to apply all available leadership best practices to transform their organizations and develop themselves as a modern and digital-savvy leader.
How Does DevOps Leader Fit into the DASA Competence Module?
Although no prior certification is necessary for DASA DevOps Leader, the course does build on the foundational- level principles and concepts covered in the DASA DevOps Fundamentals course and the professional-level knowledge and skills covered in the DASA DevOps Enable and Scale course. Like Enable and Scale, DASA DevOps Leader emphasizes the Skills part of the DASA Competence framework, leaders require these skills more compared to the (raw) knowledge alone.
After completing the DASA DevOps Leader course, you will cover the area marked shaded in the following figure of the DASA qualification scheme. As a result, you will reach the ‘Expert’ level at the four skills areas of the DASA competence framework.
When you have acquired the required knowledge from this certification program, you will be able to:
- Recollect key drivers for digital disruption, and understand the role DevOps plays in digital transformations, and the role DevOps Leaders can play in leading these transformations.
- Distinguish contemporary leadership styles and practices and their pros and cons in a DevOps environment, and apply these to your organization and/or transformation.
- Apply learnings to create a value case, 'why,' and scope of your DevOps transformations.
- Understand key ingredients that organizations and leaders need to invest in for creating the right “smell of the place,” attracting and retaining talented employees, and developing a high-performance culture in your organization.
- Analyze how to change traditional “Business vs. IT” operating models and governance structures to DevOps-supporting ones.
- Analyze how best to optimize between team autonomy and ownership on the one hand, and architectural, technical, and organizational constraints on the other hand to manage quality, IT risk, and compliance in a DevOps organization.
- Compare and contrast personal and organizational leadership patterns and anti-patterns in the various stages of a DevOps transformation and from various perspectives, such as people, process, and technology.
- Lead a transformation within your organizational context with a focus on the key DASA DevOps principles, values, and practices.
- Own your digital leadership journey throughout the transformation by continuously reflecting, learning, and (re)defining your leadership style.