DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members.
The DevOps Fundamentals Certification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
How Does DevOps Fundamentals Fit into the DASA Competence Module?
After completing this course, you will cover the area marked as DevOps Fundamentals in the following figure of the DASA DevOps certification scheme. As a result, you will reach the “Competent” level of the scheme.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the Service Delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management
- Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
N.B. Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial
|Delivery||Online and Paper-based|
|Format||Closed-book format, participants can bring scratch paper|
|Duration||60 minutes, 15-minute additional time for non-native candidates|
|Number of questions||40, simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)|
What Feedback Does DASA Receive from Companies After DASA DevOps Fundamental Course?
Interview with Deborah Burton, Managing Director, DASA as she answers question about specific feedback DASA receives from individuals after they have taken the DASA DevOpsFundamental course.
- Glossary English
- Glossary Dutch
- Glossary Finnish
- Glossary French
- Glossary German
- Glossary Italian
- Glossary Japanese
- Glossary Polish
- Glossary Spanish
- Mock Exam English
- Mock Exam Dutch
- Mock Exam Finnish
- Mock Exam French
- Mock Exam German
- Mock Exam Italian
- Mock Exam Japanese
- Mock Exam Polish
- Mock Exam Spanish
- Syllabus English
- Syllabus Dutch
- Syllabus Finnish
- Syllabus French
- Syllabus German
- Syllabus Italian
- Syllabus Japanese
- Syllabus Polish
- Syllabus Spanish
Already DASA DevOps Fundamentals Certified?