There are few professionals who can claim a richer experience leading and growing high-performance teams for highly-renowned organizations than Rik. With a burning passion in helping organizations to survive our digital era, Rik has had…
Masterclass – DASA DevOps Fundamentals – Virtual Instructor Led Details
DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members. The DASA DevOps Fundamentals Masterclass is offered by DASA Training Partners and is the exciting new opportunity to become DevOps-ready in a short and intense period of time through instructor-led virtual training from renowned industry leaders. Following 10 lessons and self-study, you are ready to pass the exam, earning you the DASA DevOps Fundamentals-certified badge. The Masterclass is a special program that leads to DASA DevOps Fundamentals Certification. Some of Europe’s renowned experts who experienced both the challenges and promise of DevOps will share their personal stories and learnings with you. All of our Masters are in charge of large corporate DevOps projects and teams. They support DASA’s philosophy and principles and will talk to you Live. Take your DevOps knowledge and journeys to the next level with these personal stories and interactions.
Advantages for you to join:Invest in your career, expand your DevOps repertoire, network and learn from the best, and upskill yourself to a DevOps expert. By the end of the Masterclass, you will be ready to adopt DevOps principles in your organization. This includes being able to:
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps;
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies;
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation;
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation;
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures;
- Give an explanation for the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps;
- Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimize and accelerate the ways of working;
- Know how teams can translate DevOps principles into tangible practices;
- Learn about modern operations in a DevOps context;
- Learn and apply the 6 DASA DevOps Principles;
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery;
- Understand the 4 Skills from the DASA Competence Framework: Courage, Teambuilding, Continuous Improvement, Leadership;
- Understand the 8 Knowledge Areas from the DASA Competence Model: Business Value Optimization, Business Analysis, Architecture & Design, Programming, Continuous Delivery, Test Specification, Infrastructure Engineering, Security, Risk & Compliance.
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals™ certification provides the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and understand its principles and practices. It’s the ideal starting point for DevOps journeys, whether you’re already familiar with working with Agile and/or DevOps teams or not.
Faster software deployment, increased deployment frequency, and higher change success rate are only some of the visible outcomes of practicing DevOps. Organizations such as Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook are transforming IT by successfully implementing DevOps principles. But you don’t have to be big to be a DevOps leader. Companies large and small, young and old, have smoothly made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
This course will inspire you to serve as a change champion by sharing and using what you learned, and continue to learn, about DevOps to lead and mentor others. A solid understanding of DevOps Fundamentals has helped numerous professionals and organizations how to approach a DevOps journey, not only from a tool and automation perspective but also looking in-depth at the softer side of things.
This course provides learners an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles. It covers all 12 key knowledge and skill competencies defined by DASA to ensure you acquire a solid knowledge of DevOps concepts and terminology. Multiple cases or scenarios, group discussions, and examples are included in the course to enhance your learning experience.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Group Activity
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Case Study: Easy Journey Airways
- Exam Details
Module 2: DevOps – The Context
- DevOps Evolution
- Business Benefits of DevOps
- DevOps Principles
- Goals and Measurements
Module 3: DevOps for Individuals
- From Roles to T-shape DevOps Profiles
- DASA Competence Model
Module 4: DevOps for Teams and Organizations
- Culture and Behavior
- Organizational Models
- Team Autonomy
- DevOps at Scale
Module 5: DevOps Practices
- Continuous Delivery and Automation
- Modern Infrastructure and Cloud
Module 6: The Next Steps
- Analyze the Current Situation
- Improve Incrementally
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. Its target audience includes but is not limited to:
- Automation Architects
- Business Managers
- DevOps Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- Incident and Change Managers
- Integration Specialists
- Network Administrators
- Operations Managers
- Product Owners
- System Administrators
DASA DevOps Fundamentals-certified professionals are able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Know how teams can translate DevOps principles into tangible practices.
- Learn about modern operations in a DevOps context.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures.
- Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimizes and accelerate the ways of working.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation.
|1||Module 1 – Intro||Marcel, Rik, Rene, Sebastiaan, Dimitri, David||0.5||All Experts & Dimitri are joining the introduction session welcoming the learners.||18 June 2020||14:00-14.30 CET|
|1||Module 2 – DevOps – The context||Marcel||2||DevOps Evolution, Business benefits
DevOps principles, Goals and measurements
|19 June 2020||14:30-16.30 CET|
|2||Module 3 – DevOps for individuals||Marcel||2.5||23 June 2020||14:00-16.30 CET|
|3||Module 4 – DevOps for Teams and organizations, part 1||Rik Farenhorst||1||24 June 2020||14:00-15:00 CET|
|3||Module 4 – DevOps for Teams and organizations, part 2||Rik Farenhorst||1.5||24 June 2020||15:00-16:30 CET|
|4||Module 4 – DevOps for Teams and organizations, part 3||Rik Farenhorst||1.5||25 June 2020||14:00-15.30 CET|
|4||Module 5 – DevOps Practices #1 (ITSM, Lean, Agile)||Marcel & David||1.5||ITSM: Marcel
|25 June 2020||15:30-17:00 CET|
|5||Module 5 – DevOps Practices #2 (Architecture, CD & Automation)||David||2.5||30 June 2020||14:00-16.30 CET|
|6||Module 5 – DevOps Practices #3 (Modern Infrastructure,Cloud, Operations)||David||2.5||1 July 2020 *||14:00-16.30 CET|
|7||Module 6 – Next steps||David||1.5||2 July 2020||14:00-15.30 CET|
|7||Mock exam hints and tips||David||1||2 July 2020||15:30-16:30 CET|
|8||Review mock exam, exam preparation and course evaluation||David||2.5||8 July 2020||14:00-16.30 CET|
Exam & Certification Details
Certificate: DASA DevOps Fundamentals™
Duration in hours: 19.5 Hours
Delivery: Online, Paper
Format: Closed book
Proctoring: Web proctored, In-class proctored
Duration: 60 minutes (Additional 15 minutes for non-native English speaker)
No. of Questions: 40 multiple choice
Pass Grade: 65%
Global Knowledge NL will book the certification exam for you.
All certificates and badges are issued through APMG. You will receive an email with your download link in the days following your exam.
As trainer, consultant and line manager with over twenty-five years of experience in IT, Marcel has performed strategic and tactical assignments in a wide variety of areas. An expert in ITSM, Marcel was a member…
Dave is an experienced leading trainer and coach with a long history working for a number of organizations, including Fujitsu Nederland. In addition to that, David has been keeping himself busy providing top-notch consultancy services…
Sebastiaan’s name has become synonymous with leading digital and fast pace product development. His conviction on the importance of transparent and open communication, fact based decision making and execution at speed has given him a…
René is one of the most experienced global leaders in the provision of digital transformations as well as Agile and DevOps initiatives for top-tier organizations. His insights into the importance of Agile organizations in business,…