DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members.
- This event has passed.
DASA DevOps Fundamentals- Virtual Instructor Led- GMT +3
July 29-July 30
- DevOps – The ContextThe brief history of DevOps movement since its germination. Business Benefits, Six DevOps Principles, Goals and Measurement, The Wall of Confusion between Dev and Ops teams. How does DevOps help foster a culture of high-performance IT?
- DevOps for Teams and OrganizationsCulture and Behavior. The Three Typologies of Organizational Culture. Organizational Models. Why change the organization? Team Autonomy and the various criteria for autonomous teams. DevOps at Scale. How to mitigate scale? The various scaling models/frameworks.
- DevOps Management PracticesIT Service Management. How DevOps relates to ITSM processes?Lean and its principles. What is Value Stream Mapping (VSM)? How to improve the flow of work? What is a Minimal Viable Product (MVP)? Agile and its frameworks. The advantages of working Agile.
- DevOps Engineering Practices – Continuous Delivery and AutomationThe differences of Continuous Delivery from Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment. Cycle Time Reduction. Automated build, automated test, automated deployment, and automated provisioning. Everything as code. Modern Infrastructure and Architecture. Microservices Architecture (MSA). Cloud and its principles. Operations and Monitoring.
- DevOps for IndividualsDASA Competence Model, DASA DevOps Skill & Knowledge Areas. DASA DevOps Competence Quickscan. What is T-shape? From Roles to T-shape DevOps Profiles. The meaning of “No Role Silo in a DevOps Team.”
- The Next StepsMap the context. Assemble the team. Train the team. Do the DASA Competence Scan. Focus on the cultural elements. Improve the flow of work.
|Virtual Session 1 (Day 1)||29-07-2021 – 10:00 GMT +3 – 17:00 GMT +3|
|Virtual Session 2 (Day 2)||30-07-2021 – 10:00 GMT +3 – 17:00 GMT +3|