Akhilesh Chaturvedi (Akhil) is the Founder & CEO of Yayati Consulting — focused on enabling teams and individuals to unlock their creative potential and address complex business opportunities through Information Technologies tools and methods, Design…
DASA DevOps Coach Details
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and DevOps framework is beneficial but not required for the participation of this course.
Do you know you can become a transformational leader? That,
- you have the ability to invoke cultural, agile, and DevOps growth in organizations
- you can guide IT teams to optimize results by focusing on human factors
Then now is your chance to become part of a select group of DevOps Coaches and earn a renowned DASA certification.
Join this intense course with the co-author of DASA DevOps Coach Master trainer: Akhilesh Chaturvedi.
THE GROWING NEED FOR DEVOPS COACHES
The DevOps method of aligning IT development, operation, security, and business teams is rapidly gaining ground. To unlock the DevOps promise, organizations must lead a cultural change to high-performing, agile teams. A management challenge and complexities of transformation in which DevOps Coaches play an important role.
DevOps Coaches deliver pivotal contributions by helping individual team members, and leaders perform as highly interactive and productive teams. This takes a deep understanding of interpersonal, context, and evolving IT processes.
BALANCING PERFORMANCE & CHANGE
As a DevOps coach, you help speed up delivery and build a continuous improvement capacity. Your core focus is on making teams more competent. Creating transparency. Helping them find meaning in what they are doing.
You enable groups of individuals with the right motivation, knowledge, and methods. You inspire with thought-provoking and creative processes. You build a culture of collaboration and continuous learning.
At the same time, you keep a sharp focus on operation. On performance. And at the organizational level, you provide strategic input and help management adjust and achieve their transformational journey.
With this skill set, DevOps coaches are in high demand worldwide. Especially in a hybrid model of working, when few team members work in diverse office locations, and some from home.
Here is yours 9 sessions of learning journey:
|Virtual Session 1:||Preparation||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||1st April|
|Virtual Session 2:||Shifting from Old to new ways of doing||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||8th April|
|Virtual Session 3:||Coaching for Change and Performance||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||15th April
|Virtual Session 4:||Mastering DevOps Coach Competency||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||22nd April|
|Virtual Session 5:||Mastering DevOps Coach Competency||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||29th April|
|Virtual Session 6:||Mastering DevOps Coach Competency||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||6th May|
|Virtual Session 7:||Mastering DevOps Team Coach Competency||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||13th May|
|Virtual Session 8:||Mastering DevOps Team Coach Competency||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||20th May|
|Virtual Session 9:||DevOps Transformation Journey & Exam Prep||9:30 AM- 1:30 PM||Saturday||27th May|
The DASA DevOps Coach™ certification is designed to prepare you to become a catalyst for change for high performing individuals, teams, and organizations. DevOps Coaches understand how to advocate and embed DevOps principles in its true spirit and play a crucial role in helping build high performing self-organizing teams.
Like all other hyper-growth trends in the IT industry, the adoption of DevOps is not immune to potential misunderstandings and misconceptions. Besides relevant tooling and technology, DevOps predominantly entails a cultural shift towards a new mindset, behaviors, a new organization, and a new way of working.
DASA DevOps Coaches within organizations make remarkable contributions on the ground in developing team members and teams into high performing teams with a new mindset, behaviors, organization, and a way of working. The objective of the Coach is to help teams develop their DevOps skills, knowledge, and behavior in order to rapidly become self-sufficient and fully leverage the benefits of DevOps.
Coaches promote and facilitate teams that make them more competent and fulfilled so that they are proficient to contribute to their organization and find meaning in DevOps adoption. As a coach, you help to speed up delivery in teams, create more transparency, and build a continuous improvement mindset. At the Organization level, you provide strategic coaching and help organizations achieve their transformational goals.
The DASA DevOps Coach program is designed to prepare professionals for working as an effective DevOps Coach. During this intense, activity-based course you become familiar with the characteristics and traits of a successful DevOps Coach, learn about DASA’s coaching model and apply the DASA DevOps Competence Model in teams and organizations.
Module 1: DevOps Journey – A Quick Preview
- Traditional to Agile to DevOps
- DASA DevOps Principles
Module 2: DevOps Coach Performance and Change
- Coaching for Performance
- Coaching For Change
Module 3: Being a DevOps Coach
- Foundational Competencies: Presence, Listening, Questioning, Direct Communication
- Enabling Competencies: Contracting, Influencing, Feedback
- Coaching Modes: Coaching, Mentoring, Consulting, Facilitation
- Switch Between Coaching Modes
Module 4: Team Coaching
- DevOps Organization and Teams
- Team Development
- Gemba Walk
- DevOps Team Coaching
Module 5: DevOps Transformation Journey
- Transformation – The Seven Steps
- Value Stream Analysis and Architecture
- Automation and Tooling
The DASA DevOps Coach certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. It may be particularly beneficial to DevOps professionals with a history of helping organizations transition to DevOps – preferably guided by the DASA DevOps competency model.
The DASA DevOps Coach certification target audience includes but is not limited to:
- Lean, Agile and Business Coaches
- Business Analysts
- Business and IT Managers
- DevOps Team Members
- Enterprise Architects
- Information Managers
- Project Managers
When you have acquired the required knowledge from this DevOps certification program, you will be able to:
- Recollect the knowledge of DevOps and connect the role of a DevOps Coach to the DASA DevOps Principles.
- Comprehend the mindset and role of a DevOps Coach.
- Understand the characteristics, structures, and life-cycles of DevOps teams and how to Coach them to high-performance.
- Use the GROW model as an effective tool during the entire coaching process.
- Discover and learn the art of “Feedback” and creating a feedback culture using various “Feedback” models.
- Understand DevOps transformation mastery.
- Distinguish the responsibilities of “DevOps Coach” and “DevOps Leader”.
- Understand that DASA DevOps Coaching is for continuous “Performance” and “Change” – and understand underlying the metrics.
- Apply skills, techniques, and mindset shifts and deep dive into inner and outer competencies focusing both on what you do, and how you are being.
- Understand and utilize coaching skills and knowledge to create high performing teams that are resilient, innovative, resourceful, and ready for their continuous improvements.
- Understand the 4 different key modes: Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting. Learn when, why, and how to apply the right mode.
- Apply learnings to build a business case and plan for the DevOps Transformation journey.
- Interpret the DevOps organizational goals and establish the critical role high performing teams have in this.
|Virtual Session 1||1 April 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 2||8 April 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 3||15 April 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 4||22 April 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 5||29 April 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 6||6 May 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 7||13 May 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 8||20 May 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
|Virtual Session 9||27 May 2023 9:30 am – 1:30 pm (IST)|
Contact me for pricing and details
Certification Assessment Details
Certificate: DASA DevOps Coach™
Duration in hours: 36 Hours
Format: Closed book
Proctoring: Web proctored
Duration: 90 Minutes (Additional 15 minutes for non-native English speaker)
No. of Questions: 10 multiple choice
Pass Grade: 65%
Yayati Consulting will book the certification exam for you.
All certificates and badges are issued through APMG. You will receive an email with your download link in the days following your exam.