DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies that align to 4 Skills Areas and 8 Knowledge areas and learning curricula.
We encourage everyone to participate in building a universal competence baseline in the market, that will benefit both corporations and professionals.
How we aim to achieve that
- Define the competence baseline for key DevOps roles.
- Define an essential and vendor-neutral DevOps qualification program for professionals.
- Ensure quality of training delivery in the market.
- Map member’s training content to skills and knowledge-based competence baseline.
Defining Roles, Creating Standards, Inspiring IT Professionals
Hiring resources with the necessary skills for DevOps is becoming a pressing need. DASA believes that by defining roles and creating a universal qualification for DevOps, agile skills development, it will help organizations identify the competencies needed for the new roles created from DevOps movement. And by doing so, training and qualification program helps those to gain necessary competencies to succeed in DevOps.
More importantly, by bringing thought leadership in this area, DASA aims to inspire IT professionals to serve as change champions by sharing and practicing what they have learned.
Any party can participate in defining role-based competences and learning curricula.
All existing learning content has a certain amount of value; DASA will map content of members.
Anyone can build upon the competence baseline and deliver training and coaching.
The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is committed to protecting and respecting your data privacy. We want you to know how we use and protect your personal information. This includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
We need your personal data in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations you may have with us or our business partners. In other cases, we will collect that information from you with your permission and consent.
The Laws and Regulations
The European Commission has determined that certain countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) adequately protect personal data. To transfer data from the EEA to other countries, such as the United States, we comply with legal frameworks that establish an equivalent level of protection with EU law.
Information We May Collect From You
DASA may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by legitimate interest or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information You Give Us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail.
- By submitting your information to us at a conference or exhibition.
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying exams, assessments or other goods or services from us.
Website Usage Information
If you visit our website we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- IP addresses
- Information about the technology you use to connect to our website.
- What parts of our website you click on and how long you look at our website.
As well as the information that you provide, we receive and store a range of website usage information whenever you use our website. If we want to collect personal information we will be clear and specific why we require this information and ask you to opt-in.
We use this to:
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Develop and deliver services and information that better meet your needs.
- Inform you of events, services and products which we believe to be relevant to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we do transfer your personal data outside the EEA it will be because you have consented or because we have a legal reason to do so. Your data may also be processed by staff (who work for us) operating outside the EEA all of whom are covered by this policy.
Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside the EEA include:
- Order fulfilment
- Payment processing
- Technical support services
If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
Comply with all other data protection principles.
- Where possible, process it in a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program.
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
DASA will also transfer your personal information to the owner of the scheme qualification you have chosen to undertake (please see section below for more details).
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive information about you if you use any website we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners who have asked us to collect information on their behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
We believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed at persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 16 years of age.
Our website www.devopsagileskills.org and all future websites we host will put small files (known as “cookies”) onto your computer to collect information about how you use our site.
Cookies are used to:
- Measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs.
- Remember the notifications you’ve seen so we don’t show them to you again.
You will see a message appear on the site before we store a cookie on your computer. We do this via a pop-up message when you first visit our website(s). We store a cookie on your computer so that we know that you have acknowledged the pop-up and the site knows not to show it again.
Third Party Cookies
First-party cookies are those that we set for our website(s); third party cookies are cookies that originate from different websites. We do not control the setting of third-party cookies, so if you are concerned you should check the policy on the third-party website.
Why Does DASA Collect Personal Information?
DASA collects information for some or all of following reasons:
- To provide services to you after you have taken one of our educational certifications/ qualifications including validation of your certification/qualification by us.
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are an existing DASA customer.
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services.
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
- To employ you or consider you for employment.
- To provide goods or services to you under contract.
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us.
What Legal Basis Does DASA Have for Processing My Information?
DASA may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us.
- We must provide services to you because you have taken one of our qualifications.
- To comply with the law.
All these are reasons DASA may legally process the information we have about you.
Who Might DASA Share Your Information With?
DASA may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for a legitimate purpose or to comply with the law.
For example, we may share your personal information with:
- The training organization who provided training to you before you took an examination, for example, to share your examination result or to deal with a complaint.
- With third parties because you have given consent.
- With third parties who provide shipping or publishing services because you have purchased goods or services.
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract we hold with them or that we hold with you.
- IP owners of the qualification you have chosen to undertake.
Other Reasons DASA May Share Your Personal Information With a Third Party
If DASA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by DASA about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, DASA will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To enforce or apply other agreements.
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Aggregated or Anonymized Data With Personal Information Removed
DASA may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated or anonymized. This means that personal information that could be used to identify you has been removed from the data. An example of this may be how many candidates have taken an exam in a country.
Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data; however, we do respect your right to object to your data being used in this way.
Transmission and Storage of Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have technical and organisational measures in place to protect your data we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Information?
DASA will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law.
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it.
- Until you request us to stop processing it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
What If I Choose Not to Give You My Personal Information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and DASA or via one of our business partners, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if you do not give us your personal information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
Where you have consented to receive communications from us or are currently receiving material relating to our products or services, you may at any time ask us to cease sending you such material by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
Links to Other Websites
This website contains links to other websites. Anonymous visit or session information may be passed to other websites for the web usage information purposes described above. None of this information can be related to an individual user of the website. The operators of other sites may collect information from you, which will be used by them in accordance with their own terms and conditions, and privacy policies.
This privacy notice applies only to our website. We are not responsible for privacy practices within any other website. You should always be aware of this when you leave this website and we encourage you to read the privacy statement on all other websites that you visit.
Where you have consented to receive communications from us or are currently receiving material relating to products or services, you may at any time ask us to cease sending you such material by contacting us.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
DevOps Agile Skills Association
8801 Fast Park Drive #111
Raleigh, NC 27617
+1 (302) 476-2732
Copyright & Trademark Acknowledgement Statements
- DASA DevOps Fundamentals
- DASA DevOps Professional – Enable and Scale
- DASA DevOps Product Owner